There has been a minor reshuffle at the Prisons National Headquarters. This is sequel to the elevation of three Assistant Controllers General of Prisons to the rank of Deputy Controller General. The officers are Alhaji Abubakar Y. Dagaci, mni, Mr Segun A. Bewaji and Mr Ogar T. Ebuta.
Dagaci who just graduated from the National Institute for policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) is now to head the Finance and Budget. He takes over from Mr Ogar T. Ebuta who has been deployed to head the Inmates’ Training and Productivity (ITP) directorate as substantive Deputy Controller General. The directorate was hitherto run by Alhaji Isa Mohammed (ACG), who held sway in acting capacity. Isa takes over from Mr Bewaji as Zonal Coordinator Zone A, Lagos and Bewaji himself heads to the National Headquarters Abuja to take over the Operations Directorate.
So, this is how the Directorates now stand in relation to their heads
- Health and Social Welfare (H & SW): Dr Hassan Labbo,
- Works and Logistics (W/L): Alhaji Aminu Suley, mni
- Inmates’ Training and Productivity (ITP): Mr Ogar T. Ebuta
- Finance and Budget (F &B): Alhaji A. Y. Dagaci, mni
- Administration and Supply: Mr P. E. Ekpendu
- Operations: Mr Segun A. Bewaji
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja.