The directorate of Operations is currently headed by Mr Segun Bewaji (DCG)
The Operations Directorate has the responsibility of among others:
- Ensuring that all prisons nation-wide are administered according to law and managed in conformity with the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Offenders in custody;
- Ensure the maintenance of acceptable standard of activities in all prison according to their security categorization;
- Ensuring proper control by setting appropriate machinery in motion for effective monitoring of inmates for enhanced security management: thwarting escapes, prevention and containment of riots and generally providing secure environment for the staff and inmates in the performance of prison duties;
- Collection of statistical data for planning and research for improved service delivery;
- To enlighten the general public on the activities of the Service thereby enlisting their cooperation toward the reintegration of discharged inmates into the society;
- The Directorate also assures security for Escort duty staff as well as the inmates they convey to courts and to other prisons;
- Providing enhanced intra-service communications etc.
Contact InfoNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS,
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja.